Think location, not volume Divots are part of golf, especially out on tour. Pros swing with more speed, and they’re usually hitting shorter clubs into the greens from really tight fairways, so it’s always raining clumps of turf. But not all divots are created equal. If you’re at your course trying to copy what Patrick […]
Carl and Dennis Paulson (no relation) are two of the premier golf radio hosts, having called virtually every event on the PGA Tour. Not only are their broadcasting backgrounds robust, they are able to give perspectives as two golfers who have actually played and won on Tour. They offer incredible insight around the world of golf and can be heard every weekday from 11am-1pm EST on their SiriusXM PGA Tour Radio show- “Inside the Ropes”.
- Very successful collegiate career at the University of South Carolina including being named SEC Player of the Year, breaking the record at the time for individual wins with 5.
- Qualified for the PGA Tour from 1995-1996. The ups and downs from Carl’s first year on Tour has been chronicled in his memoir, “Rookie on Tour.”
- Played on the Web.com tour from 1997-1999, culminating in becoming the leading money winner and Player of the Year with two wins.
- Returned to the PGA Tour from 2000-2005.
- Covered the game of golf for the past few years working on behalf of major media outlets including PGA Tour Radio, PGA Tour
Entertainment, ESPN, SEC Network, DirecTV, and SiriusXM PGA Tour Radio.
- First made it on to the PGA Tour in 1994. With some of his best golf coming in 1999, Dennis missed only 3 of 29 cuts and finished inside the top 30 on the money list and made it to the TOUR Championship.
- In 2000, he defeated David Duval in a 4 hole playoff at the Buick Classic in New York for his PGA Tour win.
- PGA Tour Overview:
- 1 win; 3 2nds; 18 Top 10’s
- 13 Major Championships; +225 events
- $4.98 million earnings
- Broadcasted over 150 events in 8 years on the PGA Tour including PGA Tour Radio, SiriusXM radio, ESPN Radio, PGA Tour Entertainment, DirecTV, and NBC.